NBM Cocaine Smuggling – Part 1: Postage

This is the first of three parts examining the three primary methods members of the NBM traffic cocaine and other equally nasty things….

In this first part we’ll examine an NBM’s least favorite method: sending the cocaine by post.

Sending the cocaine by post is almost entirely risk free in terms of an axeman been arrested. However the chances of the package(s) been intercepted and/or stolen is much higher than either of the other two methods. It is also much more expensive and only small amounts (100g) sensibly can be sent in each package.

02042011203.jpg

Somebody reaching out to an axeman to send them cocaine through the post will always be encouraged to get the money together to employ a drug mule. Often posting is seen as ‘a means to an ends’ in that after small amounts have been posted and sold they will be in a much better position to traffic larger amounts by mule.

Feb 07 3:53 PM
Will:REMEMBER I ADVICE YOU TO ARRANGE UNUNU COS I KNOW THAT ONE IS CHEAPER
Feb 07 3:53 PM
Will:BUT YOU INSIST ON POSTING
Feb 07 3:53 PM
Will:I WANT A GOOD RELATIONSHIP FOR BOTH OF US
Feb 07 3:53 PM
Oba:arrange nnunu is not easy
Feb 07 3:53 PM
Will:YES
Feb 07 3:53 PM
Will:I KNOW NOT EASY BUT THAT WAY IS CHEAPER

c: but you want them to dey post it not make ununu come and carrt it?
6:15:29 AM
c: you must know that to dey post they will have to be doing it small small
6:15:35 AM
c: not all at once
6:15:45 AM
c: make i explain something to you?
6:16:14 AM
c: for i full bag na 7000 including packaging and settlement
6:16:54 AM
c: na for 1bag na 1000 market dey inside

c: send only 700 make i make the guy post 100 market for you
6:20:06 AM
c: then sell and they post another one until you get good ununu?
6:21:28 AM
chuk: i go need to send money before im go do bis with me?
6:21:39 AM
c: yes
6:21:53 AM
c: but the money go dey with me until they are ready
6:21:59 AM
c: i no want shout
6:22:23 AM
c: cos this una biz i too dey fear no trust at all
6:24:04 AM
chuk: people wey dey do am wit trust ,na dem dey mek am
6:24:18 AM
c: i no sabi
6:24:28 AM
c: trust or no trust i told him
6:24:28 AM
chuk: i dey tel u
6:24:49 AM
c: he said he want to see the money in my hands and he deliver the stuff
6:25:08 AM
chuk: ok

Typically for one instance of cocaine postage at least 6 entities will be involved.

Firstly the local drug producers (in a South American country).

Secondly an axeman also in South America to buy the coke from them.

Thirdly ‘packers’. These individuals, often locals in South America, are masters of concealment. They produce things like fake bottom suitcases and/or are able to hide the cocaine in commercially packaged and sealed packets.

Fourthly the money man who will likely have initiated the deal and stumped up the cash to make everything happen. Alternatively this individual will be a ‘link man’ and the axeman in south america will be paying for the product and seeking the ‘link man’ to acquire a safe address and people to sell the cocaine for him.

Next the owner of an address trusted by the money/link man. This is who will receive the cocaine through the post.

Lastly somebody is employed to take the cocaine from the packers. In this case “always a girl preferably a prostitute”:

Feb 01 1:35 PM
C:but now is posting nobody get mind to package it and take it direct to post office
Feb 01 1:35 PM
C:you want put person for trouble
Feb 01 1:36 PM
C:so we always use a girl most preferable ashewo wey no know
Feb 01 1:36 PM
C:we go just give her $150 make she go post it and take her to hotel stay with her for 3 daysso that she go think say na hotel we dey stay
Feb 01 1:36 PM
C:incase it doesnot go well
Feb 01 1:37 PM
Oba:i thought u have direct contact in the posting office
Feb 01 1:38 PM
C:guy this is south america they are not trust worthy people

In that instance they describe using a prostitute to take the parcel to the post office then stay at a hotel with her for 3 days until the parcel arrives. This way if she steals or redirects the package they have her at hand to torture to find out where it has gone and kill her if needed.

Additionally if the axeman in South America is not a cocaine user himself that he will probably employ somebody in the role of ‘tester’ to ensure the product he’s going to purchase is of sufficient quality.

c: 700 na posting
6:42:38 AM
chuk: okay
6:42:51 AM
chuk: so i no go remit anything bak
6:43:03 AM
c: yes
6:43:50 AM
chuk: listen .and if them send me shit
6:43:54 AM
chuk: wat do i do?
6:44:08 AM
c: na me be your trust
6:44:24 AM
chuk: u dont know anything bout it
6:44:32 AM
chuk: so how can u be my trust
6:44:39 AM
c: even as i know
6:44:52 AM
c: yes
6:45:03 AM
c: cos na me you dey send money too
6:45:09 AM
c: and na me go give the guy
6:45:15 AM
chuk: wat i am saying is
6:45:21 AM
c: even as i no know too well into it
6:45:30 AM
c: i go use one old man here
6:45:40 AM
c: he is the cheif tetser here
6:45:47 AM
chuk: u dont know anytin but dis runs
6:45:50 AM
c: na to give him 100
6:45:52 AM
chuk: where is he from
6:45:58 AM
c: which go be from my pocket
6:46:02 AM
c: igbo
6:46:30 AM
c: who go package am ?
6:46:39 AM
c: na him?
6:46:50 AM
c: the guy go just sell
6:46:55 AM
c: and post only\
6:47:12 AM
c: the tester is testing and packing
6:47:17 AM
c: that i know well
6:47:28 AM
c: for his house so if he say not good then not good
6:47:41 AM
chuk: okay

Once a price for cocaine has been agreed (either for the recipient to buy outright or for the sender to have money sent back to him after it’s been sold), the amount to be sent agreed and either full or part payment has been sent things will start moving…

i am still doing and keep doing. like i told you before nothing change, involvement is the key of this business, once you are ready to involve cash, things will be happening every now and then…….things are not the way it was, you know like sending stuff to people without putting in cash, the game now is for the people who ready to take the bull by the horn…….i know you to be a strong man

Here will help you understand the point, to buy one  full goat head now is 8000usd work am for 1500usd and person when dey deliver na 500usd….na so the koko be now my brother, the posting stuff even cost more, for example now if we want to do posting like 100mkt on EMS posting that cost 1300 dollars, and if u wanna do it with dhl or fedex or ups that cost 1500 dollars for 100mkt, so for me I prefer doing it in bunk I no the money is too high but we have 80% of a secess deal, it is better e cost and go than say e cheap but no go…….so make u check am out and call people if you want to confirm what I am telling you. I don’t talk bullshit bro….

GO THROUGH CAREFULLY AND GET BACK TO ME

14:18:57

t147: hw much 4 one bag?

14:19:27

Ba: 20k

14:19:33

Ba: doller

14:20:04

t147: waitin u fit do 4 me nw?

14:20:08

t147: tell me

14:20:28

Ba: na to run the show nah

14:20:47

Ba: or u get bird wey fit come carry

14:21:03

Ba: or na to post come

14:21:10

Ba: dat side

14:22:34

t147: post come i go collect am wella

14:22:49

t147: abeg if u fit post am

t: so hw many u fit post

10:05:17

t: so hw we go doam now

10:08:25

J: how much u dey pay far 1

10:08:46

t: na u go tell me nw

10:10:04

J: boy u dey into game so

10:10:29

J: <ding>

10:11:00

J: hello

10:11:12

t: i dey come

10:11:57

t: for one bag i fit giv u 15

Sometimes the two individuals (the one in south America and the one wanting the cocaine) will collaborate on a 50/50 basis.

This would require high levels of trust from both parties. In this instance below the two individuals are both Axemen:

t: unna posting things never open?

14:24:46

AB: AS MANY AS U WANT UP TO 1KG

14:27:23

t: 1kg is hw much?

14:27:41

AB: 7K USD

14:28:19

t: but u go package am well abi?

14:28:37

AB: FOR SURE NA

14:28:51

AB: PUT I NO GO PUT ALL ONCE OOO

14:28:59

t: ok

14:29:07

AB: I GO DO AM LIKE 3 TO 4 PACK

14:29:21

t: tell me waitin u want nw

14:29:21

AB: FOR SAFETY

14:29:51

AB: IF WE GONNA DO THE POST

14:30:06

AB: WHT EVER WE GONNA DO

14:30:22

AB: U WILL PUT MONEY FOR HALF OF IT

14:30:27

AB: ME GO PUT HALF

14:34:08

t: <ding>

14:34:38

t: so like 500mkt hw much?

14:34:50

t: and tell me waitin u need

14:35:47

AB: 3500 USD

14:35:53

AB: AND ADDRESS

Postage is fairly simple for the buyer/receiver. It’s as simple as just sending the money and an address.

postal address.

Name….Rico   ****

Apartado postal no…**

post code  03550

San juan Alicante

Spain.

check the money

sender…p**   m****

city……..alicante

spain

reciever……..r****

ab*** b****

pin cod……….36523108

amount……….800,00 Dola

Typically these parcels are only sent to Europe, Asia and Africa. Mostly trouble free.

It’s not all plain sailing though. Several factors can lead to big wahala.

For instance Police operations in South america can effect the price:

The police here are going to the drug farms here destroying just as they did in Mexico, I am therefore suggesting that you send money for 2kgs and I will add money for another 2 so that the hike in price will not affect us.

Meanwhile, the price of a kg including posting is 8k, I mean 8000 dollars.

Abbie, I got 14k and just want this my guy committed financially as anyone can change unannounced. It doesnt mean that am trying to make money out of him but just to get him committed moneywise. Hope you understand.

Send this email now as I would want him to see it first thing tomorrow.
regards.

Something could go wrong at the receivers address:

Coke Mugu:(12:42:24 (UTC)):when i was in south africa

Coke Mugu:(12:42:56 (UTC)):his girl recieved a parcel i send to her and he to me that the girl flosh it in the toilet

Or it could be intercepted or go missing in the postal system:

chi: bro how far i dont check but not arrive yet let waite till monday ok

cok: brother just relax ur mind is going to reach, na ems na so e dey delay sometimes, no just worry i knw weitin i do and by the Grace of God we will smile brother….

chi: bro how far hope all is i have check this till now is not arrival yet what can we do bro, try to arrange some one to call them from your side to check pls and find that the latest devoloment

cok: hello my brother thank you for drop in by, yes i did that already this last monday, and i tried calling you but you wouldnt pick your phone, what they me is that the koko has left the country and that they can not acertain the exalt place it is at the moment, but that when it finally gets to the destination that they will recieve update, so but for me i know ems do delay sometimes but this ones delay is a bit too much, all the things i did after two week that i posted this one to london with ups has reach its destination so i dont really know bro…..men this london pple are crazy sometimes that is why the money they pay there dont attract me to do nothing there, i prefer other europe, asia and africa….. pls call me lets talk good.
thanks my men

The receiver stealing the cocaine would also be a probable outcome in a lot of deals but this is far less so in deals involving members of the Neo Black Movement (due to the reasons given here).

The UN claims that one gram of cocaine can fetch upwards of $300 in some countries. So for an axeman to only pay $800 for 100g he is looking at some serious profit.

More likely he’d be offloading the drugs at wholesale prices and making around 300%+ of his investment.

Much larger profits are available when taking advantage of drug mules.

Coming soon….