The London Zone’s so called “By-Laws”……
Make it a “Misdemeanour Offence” to sleep at IT’s (Inter-Talk meeting). Also listed as “Misdemeanour Offences” are a number of other things open to interpretation such as causing a “Minor disruption” or using “Foul and abusive language towards a fellow member” or “Over zealous behaviour”.
Such “offences” are punishable by a few press ups and/or a fine up to £20.
Deemed greater “offences” are those equating to “Misconduct”
“Misconduct” within the London Zone is defined as either: Fighting, Disobedience of constituted authority, Public disturbance, Bringing the name of the movement to disrepute, Major disruption of IT , Failure to host IT without prior permission, Showing disrespect to immediate family of a member, Walking out on members at IT or Zonal function , Bearing false witness about members of the zone as a means of bringing disharmony
“Misconduct” charges are punishable with a fine of up to £50 or a suspension up to 3 months.
Greater offences still are those defined as: “Gross Misconducts”
These incur fines of greater than £50 and longer suspensions.
The London Zone defines possible instances of “Gross Misconducts” as been caught for “Armed Robbery, sexual offences, Drug offences, Pimping, Murder and other capital offences” and/or “Assaulting a fellow member or his property with a deadly weapon”
and/or OFC ranking among the most serious offences: Embezzlement of the Movement’s money or property and/or conniving with members/non members to steal the Zone’ money or property.
Bye-Laws for NBM London Zone
The Zonal Council of Elders acting on behalf of NBM London Zone hereby enact the following byelaws which are necessary in securing the effective management and preservation of order for NBM London Zone.
These Bye-Laws are created in accordance with the Constitution of the Neo Black Movement of Africa. In the case of a dispute, the constitution will take precedence over these Bye-Laws.
- Membership of NBM London Zone is open to all members of the Neo Black Movement resident in the South of England. In this case, the London, South East, South West, East Anglia and Midland Regions of the United Kingdom.
- Membership of the Zone is in accordance with the constitution of the Neo Black Movement. If membership of the Neo Black movement ceases, automatically the membership of the zone is revoked
- Distinction is made between registered members of the Zone and members of Neo Black movement who reside within the vicinity. Benefits accruing to members of the Zone would not be extended to non-registered Axemen based in the vicinity.
- All first time Lords (to Zonal ITs) will be required to pay a registration fee of £20
- New Lords to the Zone will be made to sign an undertaking on their 3rd IT demonstrating that they have read and fully understand the byelaws before they are made full members of the zone
- Members who absent themselves from IT without a justifiable reason for a period of up to 3 continuous months and do not meet their financial obligations would be suspended for an initial 3 months
- Members who owe more than £100 at any point in time without a justifiable reason will be suspended for an initial 3 months
- Members who have their membership revoked must go through the registration process from beginning after paying their outstanding dues or £100 pounds, whichever is less.
2. Internal Talks (IT)
- ITs are held on the last Sunday of every month (except December) from 3.00pm to 7.00pm at a venue to be announced by the Crier.
- Lateness without prior notice is applicable from 3.30pm and attracts a fine of £2.00 payable before admission.
- IT’s would be conducted in an orderly manner and members are not allowed to speak unless instructed by the Head (or his representative). Matching of tongue is strictly prohibited.
- There shall be a host (group of hosts) as agreed by the house who will provide the refreshments at the IT
- All forms of alcohol and other intoxicating substances are strictly prohibited at IT. Kokoma can be provided at the discretion of the CP
- All forms of Playing and Janetting are strictly prohibited at ITs.
- It is the decision of the Executive to determine who qualifies for exemption
Due to lateness and absence from IT
- Dues is fixed at £10 monthly which equates to a total of £110 annually.
- Members would not be allowed into Internal Talks without payment of Dues
- Dues can also be paid by standing order direct to the Zonal Bank Account. Those wishing to use this facility would pay £9.00 monthly.
- Discounts are given to members who pay their annual dues in advance
- those wishing to pay in one go will pay £90, giving a discount of £20
- Those wishing to pay in 2 monthly instalments will pay £100, giving a discount of £10
There are 3 categories of offences applicable in NBM London zone. They a Misdemeanours, Misconducts and Gross Misconducts
- Misdemeanours – Misdemeanours are minor offences that requires instant treatment. The Head give pronouncements instantly and punishment usually takes the form of Press-ups, Kitchen duties, verbal apologies, and exclusion from current IT, Standing and fines of £20 or less. Offences that come under this category are
- Sleeping at IT
- Persistent tongue matching
- Minor disruption of IT
- Over zealous behaviour
- Foul and abusive language towards fellow member
- Minor mis-gathering at Zonal or public event
- Misconduct – Misconducts are Major offences that are treated by the Exco and ratified by the Council of Elders. Punishments for these offences include suspensions of no longer than 3 months, Fines of no more than £50, letters of apology. Offences in this category include
- Disobedience of constituted authority
- Public disturbance
- Bringing the name of the movement to disrepute
- Major disruption of IT
- Failure to host IT without prior permission
- Showing disrespect to immediate family of a member
- Walking out on members at IT or Zonal function
- Bearing false witness about members of the zone as a means of bringing disharmony
- Persistent failure to carry out a misdemeanour punishment
- Drunkenness and indiscipline at all NBM functions
- Gross Misconduct – Gross Misconducts are major offences that require an immediate seating of the Council of Elders. Punishments for these offence range from fines above £50, indefinite suspension to recommendations for de-axing. Offences in this category include
- Grievous or actual body harm to a fellow member
- Assaulting a fellow member or his property with a deadly weapon
- conviction in a criminal court of law for Armed Robbery, sexual offences, Drug offences, Pimping, Murder and other capital offences
- Embezzlement of the Movement’s money or property.
- Wanton destruction of property
- Engaging in organised violence against members of Confraternities
- Conniving with members/non members to steal the Zone’ money or property.
- Any crime that threatens the existence of NBM or the life of a fellow Member.
- Sabotage – any deliberate activity designed to bring about disunity and breakup of the Movement.
- Persistent failure to carry out a misconduct punishment
For ease of financial management, the officers of the zone have the following approval limits for expenses.
- All approvals are subject to presentation of evidence of spend.
- In a situation where approval has been granted and the COE and/or general house deems the expense irregular, the official (s), granting the approvals will have to refund the amount expensed.
- No official shall approve spending that has been rejected by a higher body.
- Approval limits
- Exco member – up to £25
- Head – up to £100
- Head and Chairman – £101 – £200
- 2/3 majority of Council of Elders – £201 – £500
- General house (2/3 of members present at IT where discussed) – over £500