We need this in Warri as soon as possible!!!
BAYELSA STATE SECRET CULTS/SOCIETIES AND SIMILAR
ACTIVITIES (PROHIBITION) LAW, 2012
ARRANGEMENT OF SECTIONS
1. Prohibition of Secret Cults
2. Sponsorship of Cult Activities
3. Harbouring Offenders or Permitting Cult Activities in Premises.
4. Cult Activities in Hotels etc.
5. Possession of Firearms
6. Renunciation of Cult and Rehabilitation
7. Convicted Students to be expelled.
9. Power of Detention
10. Aiding Escape
12. Trial of Offences
14. Short Title and Commencement
GOVERNMENT OF BAYELSA STATE OF NIGERIA
BAYELSA STATE SECRET CULTS/SOCIETIES AND SIMILAR
ACTIVITIES (PROHIBITION) LAW, 2012
A LAW to prohibit secret cults/societies and similar activities including possession and or use of firearms or offensive weapons and matters related thereto.
Commencement ( )
BE IT ENACTED by the House of Assembly of Bayelsa State of Nigeria and by the Authority of same as follows:
Prohibition of Secret Cults
1. (1) The organizations, associations, groups or body of person listed in the Schedule to this Law are hereby declared to be secret cults and are prohibited.
(2) Notwithstanding the schedule to this Law, any organization, association, group or body of persons which acts or operates in a manner similar to those referred to in the Schedule is deemed to be a secret cult under this Law.
(3) Membership of all such organizations, associations, groups or body of persons declared or deemed to be secret cults under this law is prohibited.
(4) Any person who is a member of a secret cult, whether or not the person is in possession or control of an offensive or dangerous weapon, commits an offence and is liable on conviction to imprisonment for ten years without an option of fine.
Sponsorship of Cult Activities 2. (1) Any person who gives any financial or material support or assistance to a secret cult or in any manner, sponsor or patronizes the activities of a secret cult, commits an offence and is liable on conviction to imprisonment for ten years without an option of fine.
(2) Where the sponsor is a public officer, traditional rule or head or staff of any educational institution, the person shall be removed from such office in addition to any punishment provided under subsection (1) of this section.
Harbouring Offenders or Permitting Cult Activities in Premises 3. Any person who knowingly –
(a) Harbours another person who has in his possession of control any firearm, including offensive and dangerous weapons;
(b) Harbours a member of a secret cult;
(c) Allows or permit a secret cult meeting to be held in any house, building or place belonging to or occupied by him or over which he has control.
Cult Activities in Hotels 4. (1) Any person who knowingly allows or permits a secret cult meeting or activity to hold in his hotel, nightclub or similar place of business, commits an offence and is liable on conviction to imprisonment for five years without an option of fine.
(2) In addition to any punishment provided under subsection (1) of this Section, any such place of business as mentioned in the subsection where a secret cult meeting or activity is allowed or permitted to take place shall be shutdown and the property confiscated.
Possession of Firearms 5. Subject to the provision of any other Law in force in the State, any person, whether a member of a secret cult or not, who in any place or gathering –
(a) Has in his possession or under his control any unlicensed firearms, or
(b) Procures or causes any other person to procure an unlicensed firearms, or
(c) Conspire with another person to or, in any manner, makes it possible for the possession or use of any firearm or dangerous or offensive weapon; commits an offence and is liable on conviction to imprisonment for five years without an option of fine.
Renunciation of Cult and Rehabilitation 6. (1) Any member of a secret cult who voluntarily renounces his membership of the cult and submits any offensive weapons in his possession to the Police shall be free from prosecution under this Law.
(2) The renunciation under subsection (1) of this section shall be made by sworn affidavit submitted to the Attorney-General of the State.
(3) The Department of Social Welfare of the State shall create Rehabilitation Centres where persons who renounce their membership of secret cult shall receive counseling.
Convicted Students to be Expelled 7. The Vice Chancellor, Provost, Rector or Principal or any school in the State shall expel any person in the school convicted of an offence under this Law.
Presumption 8. (1) Any person who attends to participates in a meeting or activity of a secret cult shall be presumed, unless the contrary is proved, to be a member of the secret cult.
(2) Any person who has in his possession or custody of under his control any of the insignia, documents or other property belonging to a secret cult, or wears any of such insignia or is marked with any sign or symbol of a secret cult, or undergoes any rites or takes any oaths of a secret cult, shall be presumed, unless the contrary is proved to be a member of that secret cult.
Powers of Detention 9. Any person, not being a police officer or security agent, who believes on reasonable grounds that a person is a member of a secret cult, shall be entitled to make a report at the nearest police station.
Aiding Escape 10. Any person who knowingly aids and abets the escape from arrest of another person who has committed an offence under this Law, committees an offence and is liable on conviction to imprisonment for a period not less than five years without an option of fine.
Obstruction 11. Any person who knowingly protects, hides or prevents another person who has committed an offence under this Law from arrest and detention, commits an offence and shall on conviction be liable to imprisonment for a period not less than five years without an option of fine.
Trial of Offences 12. Offences under this Law shall be triable in the High Court of Bayelsa State.
Interpretation 13. In this Law, unless the context otherwise indicates;
“Dangerous or offensive weapon” includes any firearm, explosive, ammunition, air gun, air pistol, bow and arrow, spear, axe, cutlass, machete, dagger, cudgel, metal, glass, acid or any chemical substance capable of causing bodily harm or any article made or adapted for use and intended by the person having it as an offensive weapon;
“Harbouring” means and includes keeping, sheltering or otherwise protecting a person who has committed an offence under this Law;
“Place” includes any public way, waterways, private or public building, premises, stadium, auditorium, hall, school or compound to which any person is entitled or permitted to have access either with or without any condition and any building or place which is for the time being used for any private, public or religious meeting or assembly or as an open court;
“Secret Cult” means any organization, association, group or body of persons listed in the Schedule to this Law or otherwise deemed to be a secret cult under this Law and includes any organization, association, group or body of persons whose membership, meetings and other activities are kept secret and or which; promotes, causes or engages in acts of violence, intimidation or harm, in whatever manner, including kidnapping of person(s);
“Security Agencies” include the Nigerian Police Force, State Security Services, the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency, Directorate of Military Intelligence, National Intelligence Agency and Nigerian Security and Civil Defence Corps;
“State” means Bayelsa State of Nigeria.
“The Police” means Nigerian Police Force.
Citation and Commencement 18. This Law may be cited as the Bayelsa State Secret Cults/Societies and Similar Activities (Prohibition) Law and it shall come into force on the ………………………………… day of ……………………………… 2012
List of Secret Cults
1. AGBAYE 2. AIRWORDS
3. AMAZON 4. BARRACUDA
5. BAS 6. BESS INTERNATIONAL
7. BLACK AZE: NEO-BLACK MOVEMENT 8. BLACK BERET FRATERNITY
9. BLACK BRASSIERE 10. BLACK BROTHERS
11. BLACK CAT 12. BLACK CROSS
13. BLACK LADIES CLUB 14. BLACK OFALS
15. BLACK SCORPIONS 16. BLACK SWORD
17. BLANCHERS 18. BIG 20
19. BLOOD SUCKERS 20. BROTHERHOOD OF BLOOD
21. BUCCANEERS (SEA LORDS) 22. BURKINAFASO REVOLUTION
23. CANARY 24. CAPPA VENDETTO
25. DAUGHTERS OF JEZEBEL 26. DRAGONS
27. DREADED FRIEND OF FRIENDS 28. EAGLE CLUB
29. EIYE OR AIR LORD FRATERNITY 30. EGBE DUDU
31. EXECUTIONERS 32. FANGS
33. FLIERS 34. FRIGATES
35. FF 36. GENTLEMEN’S CLUB
37. GREEN BERETS FRATERNITY 38. HARD CANDIES
39. HEPOS 40. HELL’S ANGELS
41. HIMALAYAS 42. WALRUS
43. JAGGARE CONFEDERATION 44. KING COBRA
45. KLAM KON FRATERNITY KLANSMAN 46. KLU KLUX (KKK) KLAN
47. KNITE CADET 48. KK BOYS
49. MAFIA LORDS 50. MALCOM X
51. MAPHITE OR MAPHLATE 52. MGBA-MGBA BROTHERS
53. MUSKETEERS FRATERNITY 54. NEO-BLACK MOVEMENT
55. NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF 56. NITE HAWKS
57. NITE ROVER 58. OSIRI
59. OSTRICH FRATERNITY 60. PANAMA PYRATE
61. PHOENIX 62. PREDATORS
63. RED DEVILS 64. RED FISHES
65. RED SEA HORSE 66. ROYAL QUEENS
67. SCAVENGERS 68. SCORPIONS
69. SOKO 70. SUNMEN
71. TEMPLE OF EDEN FRATERNITY 72. THE MAFIOSO FRATERNITY
73. THE SCORPION FRATERNITY 74. THE SOIRE FRATERNITY
75. THE ODU CONFRATERNITY 76. THIRD EYE CONFRATERNITY
77. THOMAS SANKARA BOYS 78. TROJAN HORSE FRATERNITY
79. TRUTH SEEKERS 80. THE VIKINGS
81. VIPERS 82. WHITE ANGELS
83. SAILORS 84. ICELANDERS
85. BA 86. ELEGEMFACE
87. VULTURES 88. BLOODY HUNTERS
89. SEA VIPERS 90. NIGHT MATES
91. MOB STAB 92. SCORPION
93. TWIN MATE 94. KGB
95. DAY WELL 96. DAY GBAM
97. ROYAL HOUSE OF PEACE 98. TIKAN GIANTS
99. WHITE BISHOP 100. DOLPHINS
101. BOBO (KLANS) 102. GREENLANDERS
103. MAFIOSO CULT GROUP 104. ISLANDERS
105. VIKINGS CONFRATERNITY 106. VIKINGS CULT
107. BLACK AXE CONFRATERNITY 108. AGBALAKOKO
109. KKK 110. DEBAM (DEGBAM)
111. GERMANS 112. NORSMEN (NDU)
113. K –MEN (ALSO CALLED CHELSEA) 114. KLANS
115. SQUADRON 116. NEW BLACK MOVEMENT OF
AFRICAN (AKA AYE CONFRATERNITY)
117. AROMATE 118. IDIOT CULT GROUP
119. METUSELAH CULT GROUP 120. GREEN BERET
121. RED BRASSIERE CULT GROUP 122. AXE MEN (AYE)
123. VIGILANTE GROUPS WHOSE ACTIVITIES ARE SIMILAR TO SECRET CULTS.
This printed impression has been carefully compared by me with the Bill which has passed the Bayelsa State House of Assembly and found by me to be a true and correctly printed copy of the said Bill.
Mr. AARON NICODEMUS TIMIYE
Clerk of the House
Assented the …………………………. day of …………………. 2012
HON. HENRY SERIAKE DICKSON
Governor of Bayelsa State